I am finally living in our new Florida home, and we have a few fruit trees in our yard, including one mango tree. The mangoes in Florida are delicious and usually very well-priced. I thoroughly enjoy a fruit salad for dessert and often include a ripe, tasty mango in my fruit salad.
I love serving grilled meat or seafood topped with mango relish, especially in the summer. These chicken cutlets are one of my favorite ways to prepare poultry, and I serve them topped with chopped tomatoes, lemon wedges, or a fruit relish such as this one. If you wanted to, you could add some diced, ripe avocado to the relish, and if you do not enjoy spicy food, feel free to eliminate the jalapeño.
- 4 Cups Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Grated Zest
- 1/2 to 1 Teaspoon Chopped Hot Red Chile Pepper (Optional)
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Fresh Parsley Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Pine Nuts
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Cup All-purpose Flour
- 2 Large Eggs
- 6 Chicken Cutlets, About 1 1/2 Pounds Total Weight, Pounded to 1/2-inch Thickness
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Medium Ripe Mangoes, Peeled, Flesh Removed From Pit, & Diced
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper, Cored, Seeds Removed, & Diced
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Red or Green Onion
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Mint
- 1 Jalapeño, Finely Chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Juice Of 1 Lemon
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- For the cutlets, place the bread cubes, lemon zest, chili pepper, parsley, pine nuts, grated cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl, and mix well.
- Place the flour in a plastic bag and season with salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs in a separate shallow bowl.
- Working 1 cutlet at a time, dredge in the flour, then dip into the eggs, and finally the breadcrumbs pressing down with your fingertips to help the crumbs adhere.
- Place the breaded cutlets on a baking sheet, and refrigerate the for 1 hour to allow the crumb coating to set.
- Meanwhile, place the mango relish ingredients in a bowl, mix well, then set aside until needed.
- Adjust oven rack to center position and preheat oven to 400° F. While the oven preheats, set cutlet tray at room temperature.
- Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil, and divide the butter and olive oil between each.
- Place the trays into the oven until the butter is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Divide the chicken cutlets between the two trays and bake until golden brown on the bottom, about 12 minutes.
- Turn the cutlets over, return to the oven and cook until golden brown on second side, 10 to 12 minutes longer.
- Place the chicken onto a platter and arrange relish on top.
Serve & enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1030Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 237mgSodium: 997mgCarbohydrates: 106gFiber: 8gSugar: 23gProtein: 50g