I am a big fan of asparagus, especially in the spring and early summer when it is inexpensive and the spears are very tender. Asparagus cooks quickly no matter how you prepare it, but this easy recipe can be prepared in minutes and makes a delicious crispy side with LOTS of flavor. I enjoy asparagus prepared this way so much, I recently had a plate of it topped with a poached egg for dinner!
- 2 Pounds Asparagus, Washed & Trimmed
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 Teaspoons Finely Chopped Parsley
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.L
- ine a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the asparagus in a bowl, pour on the olive oil and use your fingers to rub the spears to coat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss to coat.
- Arrange the spears side by side, sprinkling any leftover crumbs on top.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the spears are fork tender, and the crumb mixture is golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 533mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 13g