We are blessed to now live in a region where we can grill all year, but even when we lived in Michigan, we grilled right through the fall months. When I plan to heat up the grill, I like to cook the entire meal on the grill so I do not have to heat up the oven. Pork tenderloin is an easy meat to grill, and it is one that almost everyone likes as the flavor is relatively mild.
A pork tenderloin is a long, narrow, boneless cut of meat that comes from the muscle that runs along the backbone. Pork tenderloin is one of the leanest, most tender cuts of meat on the market, so it can also be expensive, but a little goes a long way if served with the appropriate side dishes. Pork tenderloin often goes on sale, so I usually buy a couple on sale to keep in my freezer for future meals.
Many fruits pair well with pork tenderloin, but apricots are one of my favorites with pork. This pork dish comes together quickly, so it is excellent for busy mid-week meals, yet it is elegant enough to serve guests. I served grilled baby potatoes, asparagus, and pork to complete the meal. If fresh apricots are in season, you could also grill a few halved apricots to serve alongside your pork.
- 1/3 Cup Apricot Jam
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- Pinch Red Chili Flakes (Optional)
- 1 Pork Tenderloin, TrimmedSalt & Pepper To Taste
- In a small saucepan, mix together the jam, mustard, syrup, and chili flakes if using.
- Bring to a boil, the reduce the heat and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove a few tablespoons of the glaze and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Season pork with salt and pepper.
- Place the pork on the preheated grill, and cook, turning occasionally.
- Cook until a thermometer reads about 160 degrees, brushing the glaze over the pork during the last minute or two of grilling.
- Remove the pork from the grill, and let it stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Slice the pork into 1/2-inch slices, arrange on a platter and drizzle with the remaining glaze before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 175mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 6g