I am starting a new category on my blog that includes fast and easy pasta recipes. So many folks tell me they do not have the time to cook every night, so they often order out. So many pasta recipes can be on the table within half an hour, which is much quicker than it takes to order out and have it delivered. Most of the sauces for the pasta in this category can be completed in the time it takes to boil the water and cook the pasta. What could be easier?
This pasta dish is made with just a few ingredients. You can use any type of tomatoes. Just ensure that they are ripe and fresh. I have used plum and cherry tomatoes in this dish, which worked out great. The sauce is simply seasoned goat cheese loosened with pasta water.
The sauce is creamy, tangy, and flavorful. I used Cavatappi pasta for my version, but just about any pasta shape, both fresh and dry would work fine in this dish. To serve, all this dish needs is some freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese and some cracked black pepper.
- 1 1/2 Pounds Ripe Tomatoes (See Notes Above)
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 3 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Fresh Basil
- 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Pound Pasta of Choice (See Notes Above)
- 4 Ounce Log Goat Cheese, Cut Into Pieces
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- While the water is heating, dice the tomatoes and place in a bowl with the oregano, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions and once cooked, drain, reserving a cup of pasta water.
- Return the pasta to the pot with the goat cheese and half a cup of pasta water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring continually until the goat cheese has melted and coats the pasta.
- Add the tomatoes to the pasta and stir to mix, adding additional pasta water to loosen the sauce if needed.
- Serve in individual bowls with cracked black pepper and grated cheese on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 211mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 11g