Marinating chicken in this manner creates a very tender, delicious and light chicken with golden brown exterior and moist interior. You can mix together the marinade ingredients in a plastic bag and place the chicken pieces inside and simply refrigerate it hours before you want to prepare dinner. I use chicken thighs in this recipe although you could also use chicken breasts, legs, or even a whole chicken cut into pieces.
I used the grill in my version of this popular dish but you could also bake the chicken in a preheated oven at 365 degrees F. for 30 to 40 minutes. I left the bone in but if you wanted to use boneless thighs, you will need to reduce your cooking time.
Deborah Mele 2011
Chicken Oreganata Recipes
Marinating chicken in this manner creates a very tender, delicious and light chicken with golden brown exterior and moist interior.
- 8 Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Juice Of Two Large Lemons
- Zest Of One Lemon
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled And Minced
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Oregano
- 4 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
- Mix together all of the marinade ingredients and place in a ziploc bag with the chicken thighs.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of three hours or up to 6 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- Grill the thighs 10 minutes on each side or until cooked through.