Salmone in Salsa Verde ~ This recipe is as pretty as it is delicious. A tangy green sauce is drizzled over tender roasted pink salmon steaks to create a dish perfect for entertaining. Be careful not to overcook your salmon as it should flake with a fork when done, but the center should remain moist and pink. This is one of those great, easy recipes that you can throw together in minutes, yet it is elegant enough to serve to guests when entertaining.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 4 Salmon Steaks or Fillets, About 6 Oz Each
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3/4 Cups of Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1 Bunch Arugula
- 1 Medium Garlic Clove
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Splash of White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard or 1 Tablespoon Capers
- Salt and Pepper
- Brush the salmon with the 3 tbs. of oil then sprinkle on the crumbs.
- Place in a very hot oven, about 380 degrees F. and roast until done, but still moist inside. (cooking time depends on the thickness of your salmon steaks).
- Or, grill the salmon steaks on a hot grill until cooked.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until blended.
- Serve each steak topped with a drizzle of the sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 fillet
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 388 Total Fat: 30g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 24g Cholesterol: 27mg Sodium: 554mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 13g