This quick and easy pasta recipe is loved by all, especially kids. The addition of a little cream keeps the eggs from separating, and although it is a little rich, it is so satisfying that along with a crisp green salad and a loaf of crusty bread it can easily become a main course. Most children love this pasta, and in fact it is one of my grandchildren’s favorite meals. Since they love the pancetta best, I often cook up a little extra for them and sprinkle it on their pasta bowls.
Deborah Mele 2011
The addition of a little cream in this dish keeps the sauce creamy and smooth.
- 4 oz. Pancetta, Chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Finely Chopped
- 1/4 Cup White Wine
- 1/3 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, Finely Chopped
- 1 Pound Spaghetti
- Cook the pancetta and garlic over medium heat until golden.
- Add wine to skillet and cook until it has almost evaporated.
- Remove from the heat and add the cream.
- Cook the pasta until it is al dente.
- Whisk together the eggs, parsley and cheese.
- Pour the bacon and cream mixture over cooked pasta and mix thoroughly.
- Add the egg mixture salt and pepper to taste, mixing well.
- Serve, offering additional cheese as desired.