This is another one of those quick pasta dishes that can be thrown together in mere minutes, yet is so tasty, it will become a family favorite. Adjust the amount of chilies to your own taste as the amount indicated in the recipe is just a suggestion.
Deborah Mele 2011
Spaghetti With Chile Shrimps And Tomatoes
Sweet cherry tomatoes combined with shrimp create a delicious pasta sauce.
- 1 Pound Medium Shrimp, Cleaned & Deveined
- 1 Pound Spaghetti
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Large Cloves Of Garlic, Minced
- 3 Dry Hot Red Chili Peppers, Crushed (Or As Desired)
- 4 Cups Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 3 Cups Chopped Fresh Arugula or Spinach
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water.
- While it is cooking, heat the oil in a small, heavy saucepan.
- Add the garlic and chili peppers and cook until sizzling but not browned.
- Add the tomatoes and cook another minute or two until the tomatoes begin to soften.
- Add the shrimp, and cook just until they turn pink.
- Cook the pasta until it is al dente, then drain.
- Return to the pot, and add the shrimp mixture and chopped arugula or spinach.
- Mix well over medium heat until the chopped spinach or arugula has wilted.