Subrich di Patate ~ This is a recipe for potato croquettes, Italian style, that can be used on an antipasto platter, or as a tasty side dish with the main course. This is a great recipe for leftover potatoes, but it is so delicious you won’t mind cooking potatoes specifically to make these fritters. I serve this potato dish with everything from sausages to roasted chicken.
Deborah Mele 2011
A great side dish for grilled or roasted meats. Also a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes.
- 1 Pound Potatoes
- 2 Egg Yolks
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Of Fresh Herbs Of Choice
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped Green Onions
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- Olive Oil
- Wash the potatoes, and cook in a large pot of salted water until tender.
- Cool, and once cooled enough to handle, peel, and pass them through the fine disk of a potato ricer or food mill.
- Mix with the other ingredients, and shape into small balls about 2-3 inches wide.
- Slightly flatten with the back of your hand.
- Heat a little oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat and cook the fritters on both sides until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Continue cooking the fritters in this manner, adding more oil as needed.
- Keep the prepared fritters warm while in a low oven while cooking the rest. Serve warm.