We love Caprese salads, which is simply buffalo mozzarella, ripe fresh tomatoes, and basil dressed with olive oil, salt and pepper and I have taken those ingredients as a filling for this tasty piadini sandwich. This panini would be great for picnics outdoors, but I would take the ingredients packed separately and assemble them just before serving in order to prevent the sandwiches from becoming soggy.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 4 Piadini Breads
- 2 Balls Buffalo Mozzarella, Sliced
- 2 Large, Ripe Tomatoes, Thinly SlicedFreshly Washed And Dried Arugula
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil Pesto
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Lay the piadini side by side opened flat.
- On one half of each lay down some arugula leaves, a row of mozzarella, then the tomatoes.
- Mix together the pesto and olive oil, and then drizzle this over the mozzarella and tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper, fold each sandwich in half and serve.