Tender, fresh butter beans are oven roasted with pieces of pancetta or bacon creating a flavorful side dish. Use lots of fresh cracked black pepper to give this dish a bite. This is one of my all time favorite ways to cook yellow beans when they are in season.
Deborah Mele 2011
Roasted Butter Beans With Pancetta
A great way to cook yellow beans when in season.
- 1 Pound Fresh Yellow Beans-Washed, Dried, With Ends Snapped Off
- 3-4 Strips Of Pancetta Or Bacon, Cut Into 1/2 Inch Pieces
- Cracked Black Pepper
- In a large baking dish, mix together the beans, pancetta and cracked black pepper.
- Cover, and bake in a preheated, 375 degree F. oven for about 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake about 15 minutes longer, or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Taste and season with salt if needed.
- Serve immediately while still warm.