Crisp, golden brown, roasted chicken always reminds me of family Sunday dinners. This recipe is really quite easy, and yet tastes delicious flavored with the lemons, garlic and rosemary. I often cook baby potatoes in their skins along with the chicken, but you can omit them if you choose.
Deborah Mele 2011
Roast Chicken With Lemon, Garlic & Rosemary
This golden brown chicken is perfect for Sunday lunch served with roasted potatoes, and sauteed greens.
- 1 ( 4-5 Pound) Roasting Chicken, Quartered
- 5 Tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 4 Large Cloves Of Garlic, Peeled And Halved
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Baby Potatoes With Skin Left On, Halved
- Chop the rosemary, and place it in a a large flat ovenproof dish with the olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic.
- Place the chicken quarters in this dish, and turn the pieces to coat with the mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and let sit in the refrigerator for one to two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the dish with the chicken into the oven, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn the chicken pieces, and add the potatoes if using into the pan with the chicken, coating them with the chicken’s juices.
- Reduce the heat to 375 degrees F., and cook an additional 50 minutes to an hour, or until the juices run clear when the chicken is pricked, and the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Serve hot on a platter with the roasted baby potatoes, garnished with fresh rosemary sprigs.