Although these ingredients may seem unique, combined together in this recipe they are delicious. This delicate, creamy risotto dish goes with just about any entree, but make sure that you use fresh, ripe strawberries for the best results. This elegant dish is perfect for springtime entertaining, or for special family celebrations.
Deborah Mele 2011
Risotto With Champagne And Strawberries
A light risotto that is perfect on any spring menu.
- 6 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter –2 Tbsp Removed To Finish The Dish
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 2 Cups Arborio Rice
- 2 Cups Champagne
- 4 Cups Light Vegetable Broth Or Water, Heated
- 1 Cup Finely Chopped Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
Garnish: I like to top the risotto with a few pieces of chopped strawberry for added color.
- Heat the 4 tablespoons of butter in a heavy saucepan, then add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Next add the strawberries and cook until soft.
- Add the rice and stir until it is well coated with the butter.
- Begin to add the champagne 1/2 cup at a time, and stir continually over medium heat until it is absorbed.
- Once you have used up all the champagne, start to add 1/2 cup of hot water or broth, stirring as it is absorbed.
- Continue in this manner, adding ladles full of hot broth, and stirring continuously for about 20-25 minutes or until the rice is cooked, but remains slightly firm to the teeth.
- Remove from the heat, add the remaining butter and the parmesan cheese.
- Serve, offering additional cheese if desired.