I love to grow different types of zucchini, and this round type of zucchini is perfect for stuffing. It is best to choose the smaller sized round zucchini, no more than four inches across as the larger ones are simply full of seeds. You could certainly use regular medium sized zucchini to stuff instead. To do so, simply cut the zucchini in half and scoop out the center section to create little zucchini boats. This dish makes a great summer side dish for grilled or roasted meats.
Four Round Zucchini Perfect For Stuffing!
Use A Small Spoon Or Sharp Knife To Scoop Out The Center Flesh
The Stuffing Mixture
All Baked And Ready For Dinner!
Deborah Mele 2011
- 4 Small to Medium Sized Zucchini
- 1 Small Onion
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes Chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1/2 Cup Cubed Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- Cut off the top of the zucchini and scoop out the center leaving at least a good 1/2 inch border all around.
- Chop the zucchini that you just removed finely.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a frying pan, cook the chopped onions, the garlic, and half the zucchini in the olive oil until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and add salt & pepper, cheese, tomatoes and the chopped parsley.
- Stuff the zucchini, and place in a baking dish.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until fork tender and the filling is golden brown.
- Serve either warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 zucchini
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 167mg Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 4g