Baking olives with just a few chosen herbs and spices brings out their earthy flavor. This is a great addition to any party, or an antipasto tray. We always have some olives in the refrigerator to snack on, and if friends stop by for a glass of wine, seasoned olives can be added to a tray of cheese and crackers to nibble on. I used oil cured olives in the photo, but any good quality black olive would work well.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 8 Ounces Imported Black Olives
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Peeled And Halved
- 1/2 Lemon, Thinly Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- Pinch Red Hot Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the olives with the other ingredients, and spread them out on a baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring a couple of times during the cooking process.
- Transfer to a serving dish, and serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6 olives
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 279mg Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 0g Protein: 1g