Baking olives with just a few chosen herbs and spices brings out their earthy flavor. This is a great addition to any party, or an antipasto tray. We always have some olives in the refrigerator to snack on, and if friends stop by for a glass of wine, seasoned olives can be added to a tray of cheese and crackers to nibble on. I used oil cured olives in the photo, but any good quality black olive would work well.
Deborah Mele 2011
Baked Seasoned Olives
Baking olives with just a few chosen herbs and spices brings out their earthy flavor.
- 8 Ounces Imported Black Olives
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Peeled And Halved
- 1/2 Lemon, Thinly Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- Pinch Red Hot Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the olives with the other ingredients, and spread them out on a baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring a couple of times during the cooking process.
- Transfer to a serving dish, and serve warm or at room temperature.
Note: These olives will keep well, refrigerated for up to one week.