This is a tender crust great for pies or tarts. The addition of both wine and egg really help to make the crust tender.
Deborah Mele 2011
Basic Pastry Dough
The key to any tender pie crust is to work it as little as possible.
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 1/2 Sticks Unsalted Butter, Cut Into Pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 4 Tablespoons Chilled Dry White Wine
- Bring the butter to room temperature.
- Mix the butter and flour together just until crumbly.
- Add the sugar, egg and wine, mixing into a soft dough.
- Shape the dough into one or two balls, and refrigerate, wrapped in plastic wrap until ready to use.