Keep a container of these olives in your fridge year round to add to your antipasti platter, or to nibble on with a glass of wine before dinner. This is a great, easy appetizer to keep on hand at all times! The marinade will keep for weeks in the refrigerator, just keep adding extra oil and vinegar, and fresh herbs as needed.
Note: These olives will keep for several weeks if refrigerated. Remember to stir occasionally to ensure even mixing. When ready to serve, use a slotted spoon to remove the olives from the oil mixture as this mixture can be used again and again by just using new olives.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 1 Pound Large Cracked Green Olives
- 1 Pound Kalamata or Other Tasty Black Olive
- 1 Sprig of Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Sprig of Fresh Thyme
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Oregano
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3 Large Cloves of Garlic
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Black Peppercorns
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Red Hot Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- Combine the olives and herbs and place in a glass or plastic container.
- Add enough oil and vinegar to cover olives halfway, using 3 parts oil to 1 part vinegar.
- Cover with a lid and refrigerate at least overnight. Allow to come to room temperature before serving.
- When ready to serve, use a slotted spoon to remove the olives from the oil mixture as this mixture can be used again and again by just using new olives.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 4-6 olives
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 916mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 0g Protein: 1g