Roasted garlic makes a very tasty spread for crusty Italian bread. It is also wonderful folded into soups or mashed potatoes. Save any oil leftover to drizzle on cooked vegetables as it is delicious!
Deborah Mele 2011
Roasting garlic brings out the natural sweetness with an earthy, rich flavor.
- 4 Whole Heads Of Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Remove the outer leaves of the heads of garlic, keeping the bulbs intact.
- Cut off the top 1/2 inch of the bulbs.
- Place the bulbs in a small baking pan, and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Fill the pan with water or broth until the bulbs are half covered.
- Cover with a lid or aluminum foil, and bake in a 450 degree F. oven for around one hour, or until the garlic is soft.