Sweet, and tender roasted peppers……. this is such a simple recipe that anyone can easily make roasted peppers whenever they desire, and I always buy up extra sweet peppers when they are on sale to make these. They’ll keep under olive oil for at least a week although we usually eat them up long before that! These are a must for any antipasti platter. If you like a bit of spice, simply add a couple of hot roasted peppers chopped into this mixture of sweet peppers.
Note: Peppers are also great roasted over the barbeque if you are grilling meat for dinner. Just follow the same procedure.
Deborah Mele 2011
Rasted Sweet Peppers
Roasted peppers will keep under olive oil for at least a week although we usually eat them up long before that!
- 6 Mixed Red, Green and Yellow Peppers
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Wash and dry the peppers, cut off the tops, and cut in half, removing seeds and membranes.
- Place on a baking sheet and put under the broiler until the skin is blackened and blistered.
- Place them in a plastic bag and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove the skin (it should slip right off at this point), and cut into the size of strips you desire.
- Place in a bowl with the minced garlic, parsley, a little salt and pepper and enough oil to lightly coat.
- Serve at room temperature.