This easy recipe for brussels sprouts is one we often make, both on busy mid-week nights when we are in a rush to get dinner on the table, as well as for holiday meals when we are looking for a tasty green vegetable to round out our menus. Brussels sprouts resemble little cabbages, are easy to clean, and taste delicious when roasted.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 1 1/2 Pounds Brussels Sprouts
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off the stem ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves.
- Slice in half, then mix in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour the sprouts onto a sheet pan, arrange cut side down, and roast for 15 minutes.
- Turn the sprouts over and cook until lightly brown and tender, about another 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 288mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g Protein: 3g