This easy recipe for brussels sprouts is one we often make, both on busy mid-week nights when we are in a rush to get dinner on the table, as well as for holiday meals when we are looking for a tasty green vegetable to round out our menus. Brussels sprouts resemble little cabbages, are easy to clean, and taste delicious when roasted.
Deborah Mele 2011
Oen Roasted Brussels Sprouts
An easy, healthy vegetable side dish.
- 1 1/2 Pounds Brussels Sprouts
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off the stem ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves.
- Slice in half, then mix in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour the sprouts onto a sheet pan, arrange cut side down, and roast for 15 minutes.
- Turn the sprouts over and cook until lightly brown and tender, about another 15 to 20 minutes.