Roasted potatoes of every description are delicious as a vegetable side dish, but this potato dish uses small red skinned potatoes, and after rubbing them in olive oil they are tossed in a seasoned Parmesan cheese and breadcrumb mix before baking.
The finished potatoes are creamy soft inside with a crisp, golden brown exterior. These potatoes would be a great side for any roasted meat, poultry, or seafood entree. I like to use Panko breadcrumbs for this dish as they stay very crisp, but any good quality breadcrumbs would work too!
- 1 Pound Small Red Skinned Potatoes
- 3 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- 3/4 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 3 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Italian Seasonings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- Cut the potatoes in half or quarters depending on the size and toss in olive oil.
- In a plastic bag, place the crumbs, cheese, salt and pepper, and Italian seasonings, then add the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Place the potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and bake from 20 to 25 minutes until fork tender and golden brown, turning the potatoes over halfway through the baking time.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 310mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g