Roasted potatoes of every description are delicious as a vegetable side dish, but this potato dish uses small red skinned potatoes, and after rubbing them in olive oil they are tossed in a seasoned Parmesan cheese and breadcrumb mix before baking. The finished potatoes are creamy soft inside with a crisp, golden brown exterior. These potatoes would be a great side for any roasted meat, poultry, or seafood entree. I like to use Panko breadcrumbs for this dish as they stay very crisp, but any good quality breadcrumbs would work too!
Deborah Mele 2012
Crispy Crumb Coated Roasted Potatoes
Golden brown and crispy outside, these tender potatoes make a great side dish for roasted or grilled meats.
- 1 Pound Small Red Skinned Potatoes
- 3 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- 3/4 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 3 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Italian Seasonings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- Cut the potatoes in half or quarters depending on the size and toss in olive oil.
- In a plastic bag, place the crumbs, cheese, salt and pepper, and Italian seasonings, then add the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Place the potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and bake from 20 to 25 minutes until fork tender and golden brown, turning the potatoes over halfway through the baking time.
- Serve immediately.