Roasted Red Skin Potatoes With Breadcrumbs
Roasted potatoes of every description are delicious as a vegetable side dish, but this potato dish uses small red skinned potatoes, and after rubbing them in olive oil they are tossed in a seasoned Parmesan cheese and breadcrumb mix before baking. The finished potatoes are creamy soft inside with a crisp, golden brown exterior. These potatoes would be a great side for any roasted meat, poultry, or seafood entree. I like to use Panko breadcrumbs for this dish as they stay very crisp, but any good quality breadcrumbs would work too!
Deborah Mele 2012
Crispy Crumb Coated Roasted Potatoes
Golden brown and crispy outside, these tender potatoes make a great side dish for roasted or grilled meats.
- 1 Pound Small Red Skinned Potatoes
- 3 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- 3/4 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 3 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Italian Seasonings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- Cut the potatoes in half or quarters depending on the size and toss in olive oil.
- In a plastic bag, place the crumbs, cheese, salt and pepper, and Italian seasonings, then add the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Place the potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and bake from 20 to 25 minutes until fork tender and golden brown, turning the potatoes over halfway through the baking time.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 310mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g
You can never beat a great potato side dish like this in my opinion. It goes so well with just about any meal and that parmasen crust….oh joy!
These look delicious! If only I had some potatoes in my apartment!
I love roasted potatoes, but these look fabulous! Thank you!
These were excellent …. the only thing I did differently to ensure crispy potatoes was to soak the potatoes first (after cutting them) and roughing up the surface area a little so more of the crumb mixture would adhere to the potato … they came out extra crispy and very favorable ..This will be the way I make roasted potatoes from here on out! PS …. I also made my nonna’s homemade veal and spinach ravioli ….so I am all about Italian food forever! I am glad I found your site, I will try other recipes in the future
Thanks Julie, sounds great!