We are once again anticipating our return to Umbria, and look forward to meeting this seasons new guests who will come rent out farmhouse Il Casale di Mele. We offer a wine tasting with appetizers to each coup of guests who come stay with us, and these mini frittata are one of the appetizers I offer.
This egg based recipe is very versatile as you can add a variety of fillings and flavorings depending on your mood. In this version, I used some sautéed spinach and mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese. You can serve these mini quiche or frittata at breakfast, or on an antipasti platter as I often do for our guests.
They are easy to assemble, quick to bake, and very tasty too! Wrapped in plastic, these mini frittata will keep well for three days in the refrigerator, or one month in the freezer.
- 8 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Cup Chopped Sautéed Spinach
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Sautéed Mushrooms
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 3 Ounces Soft Goat Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and lightly grease a non-stick muffin tin.
- Whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper, and milk and pour into the muffin pan, diving evenly between each of the cups.
- Drop a spoonful of spinach and mushrooms into each cup.
- Sprinkle the top of the cups with the sun-dried tomatoes and crumbled goat cheese.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the eggs are set and beginning to brown.
- Cool for five minutes, then turn over onto a platter.
- Cool completely before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 2 frittata
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 192Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 259mgSodium: 352mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 14g