Each Christmas we try and make a special holiday drink for the adults to enjoy, and this year I decided a Pomegranate Margarita sounded good. We have been buying pomegranate juice in the big bottles lately, and I add a splash to every glass of water I drink and love the tangy goodness it adds to every glass. Since we are in Florida for the holidays, a nice tropical drink hits the spot, and the tangy flavor of pomegranate was perfect in this margarita. Although this was a great Christmas drink, it would also be perfect for a Valentine’s Day get together with friends.
Simple syrup is simply equal parts water and sugar, and I like to make a bottle of it during the holidays to add to cocktails. Simply heat the syrup in a pot until the sugar has dissolved, then store in the refrigerator until needed. We do not like our drinks too sweet, so experiment with the quantity of syrup to meet your own personal taste.
Deborah Mele 2013
- 6 Ounces Orange Liqueur
- 6 Ounces Tequila
- 8 Ounces Pomegranate Juice
- 6 Ounces Lime Juice
- 5 to 6 Ounces Simply Syrup (See Above)
- Salted Glass Rimmer
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Lime Slices
- Rim your glasses by rubbing the top edge with a lime, then dip the glass in the salt.
- Fill the glasses half way with ice cubes.
- In a blender, add the drink ingredients.
- Pulse until well blended and pour into prepared glasses and then garnish with the pomegranate seeds, and thin slices of lime.
- Serve immediately.