We struggled all summer long with our zucchini, and no matter how hard we tried we just could get the zucchini to grow large enough to be harvested. We finally gave up mid-August and planted four new plants in another area of our garden, and now the old plants which were not producing as well as the new plants are all growing lovely zucchini. Although I am happy to finally have zucchini from the garden, zucchini is one vegetable that can be boring unless you add other ingredients. This preparation is one I often do as a vegetable side dish as it is very quick and easy and the zucchini taste great. You simply cut the zucchini into equal sized wedges, toss them with olive oil, then an herbed breadcrumb and grated cheese mix and bake. Can’t get much easier than that!
Deborah Mele 2017
Baked Herbed Zucchini Wedges
- 4 Medium Sized Zucchini, Cut Into Wedges
- 5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Teaspoons Dried Thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 4 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Parsley Leaves
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil, and lightly spray or brush with olive oil.
- Place the olive oil and zucchini wedges into a medium sized bowl and toss.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, cheese, thyme, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Add the zucchini wedges to the breadcrumb mixture a few at a time and toss to lightly coat.
- Lay the zucchini wedges on the tray and bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- If you want the wedges browner, turns on the broiler for a couple of minutes to crisp up the wedges.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!