I do not eat red meat often, but I do love grilled lamb from time to time. Scottadita roughly translates as “burned fingers”, as it is said that this dish is so delicious that you will not be able to wait until it cools before you dig in and enjoy it, burning your fingers in the process. The aroma of lamb grilling with fresh herbs reminds me of our trips back to Italy where we would find this dish on many menus.
Red meat is most often cooked rare or medium rare in Italy, but if you prefer your meat cooked more than that just leave it on the grill a little longer.
- 16 Lamb Rib Chops
- Zest Of 2 Lemons
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Mint
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
- Lemon Wedges
- Place all the ingredients except the lamb in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped together.
- Rub the mixture into the lamb chops and refrigerate them for 2 hours.
- Bring the lamb to room temperature.
- Preheat the grill, and then grill the chops until they are medium rare, or about 2 minutes on each side.
- Place the chops on a serving platter with the lemon wedges and serve hot.