Grilled Asparagus With Prosciutto
I love almost any vegetable cooked on the grill, and asparagus is one vegetable that is delicious grilled lightly brown and just tender to the bite. This is a very easy recipe that can be put together and coked in minutes once your grill is already hot. Usually I prefer to choose very thin asparagus spears, but in this recipe, because they are wrapped in prosciutto, it is better to choose spears that are at least 1/2 inch or more thick.
Deborah Mele 2011
Grilled Aspragus Wrapped In Prosciutto
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 17 minutes
A tasty twist on grilled asparagus.
- 1 Pound Asparagus Spears
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 Pound Thinly Sliced Prosciutto (Approximately)
- Wash and dry the asparagus, and then cut off the tough end of the asparagus spear.
- Lightly toss the spears with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut each prosciutto slice into three lengthwise slices.
- Wrap one slice of prosciutto around the center of each spear, pressing it to stick.
- Cook on the grill over medium low heat until the spears are tender, about 5 to 7 minutes, turning frequently. serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 854mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 11g