This is my Mother-In-laws Italian Meatloaf Recipe, and it is great hot or cold! You can vary this recipe by using various different ingredients you have on hand as long as you continue to use the basic recipe. This recipe creates a very moist meatloaf that is delicious on it’s own although I personally love to serve it with a little of my quick tomato sauce as shown in the photo.
- 2 Pounds Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Pound Ground Pork
- 1/2 Pound Frozen Spinach, Cooked, Squeezed And Chopped Fine
- 1/2 Pound Mushrooms, Cleaned And Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 2 Cups Soft Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Provolone Cheese, Cut Into 1/4 Inch Dice
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine
- 4 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup Cooked Ham, Cut Into Dice
- 2 Tablespoons Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Basil
- Salt & Pepper
- Saute the mushrooms in the oil until golden.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. mix the remaining ingredients together, then place in two 9 X 5 inch loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour, covering with foil if needed the last 20 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes, slice serve.