This is one of those quick pasta dishes that can be thrown together in mere minutes, yet is so tasty, it will become a family favorite. To me this is comfort food, and often our choice after a very busy day when we have a limited amount of time to prepare dinner. Adjust the amount of chilies to your own taste. The amount indicated in the recipe is just a suggestion.
Generally, you don’t offer cheese to top any pasta with hot spices in it, as the cheese would diffuse the heat of the sauce, but I do like a bit of grated Parmesan cheese on this dish. I used a dry fettuccine for the photos, but we usually do make this sauce to top spaghetti.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 1 Pound Spaghetti
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 Large Cloves Of Garlic, Minced
- 3 Dry Hot Red Chili Peppers, Crushed
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a small, heavy saucepan.
- Add the garlic and chili peppers and cook until sizzling but not browned.
- Remove from the heat.
- Once the pasta is cooked al dente, remove a small cup of pasta water, and drain the pasta.
- Return the pasta to the pot, and add the garlic, chili oil.
- Mix well over medium heat until hot, adding a little pasta water if the mixture seems dry.
- Add the parsley, mix well and serve.