This is a quick, easy sauce to make using fresh basil. Use it to top your pasta of choice. You can also add in some heavy cream, to change the dimension of the sauce. Traditionally, this sauce would be made with a mortar and pestle, but a food processor works fine.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 2 Cups Fresh Basil Leaves, Packed
- 1/4 Cup Lightly Toasted Pine Nuts
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor except the oil, and pulse.
- Start to add in the oil slowly, pulsing continuously until you have a smooth paste.
- Use immediately to top any pasta dish. (If you do not plan to use it right away, store in a container with an additional layer of olive oil on top to prevent discoloration.)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 3 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 329mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 7g