A simple, piquant sauce that is great on chicken, veal, or whitefish. This is a no fail recipe, that every cook should have in their recipe collection.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, Room Temperature
- 1-2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/3 Cup Canned Low-salt Chicken Broth
- 3-4 Tablespoons Drained Capers
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- To prepare the sauce, in a small pot, add the wine, broth, and lemon juice.
- Heat until bubbling, then reduce the heat until simmering, mix the flour into the 4 tablespoons of butter, and using a whisk, begin to add this mixture into the hot liquid, stirring constantly.
- Once thickened remove from the heat and add the capers and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 377mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g