Roasting any vegetable creates a caramelization, bringing a delicious unique aspect to the flavor of any fresh vegetables. One of my favorite way to cook broccoli recently is by oven roasting it. The cooking time is approximate as it depends on how fresh your broccoli is or how small the pieces are that you cut it into. Simply cook it until it is fork tender and golden brown.
- 1 Large Head Broccoli
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Peeled
- 1 Teaspoon Finely Chopped Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Fresh Red Chile Finely Chopped
- Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper To Taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the broccoli by cutting off the large florets.
- Place the florets on a large baking pan.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and pour over the broccoli.
- Bake until it is fork tender and golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 175mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g