My favorite way to cook fresh seafood is to cook it simply with just a few ingredients. These clams are delicious, and combined with a loaf of crusty bread and a crisp green salad they can be made into a complete meal. You can also serve 6 as an appetizer.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 2 pounds Small Clams (We Prefer Littleneck Clams)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 1 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1 Pound Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 4 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes To Taste
- 4 Slices Toasted Garlic Bread
- Soak the clams in lightly salted cold water in the refrigerator for 2 hours, then drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy saucepan and add the garlic and onion.
- Cook over medium heat until soft and fragrant, then add the wine, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes and bring to a boil.
- Add the clams and cover, and cook until the clams open, about 5 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the clams and keep warm.
- Boil the tomato mixture until reduced by half, add the parsley and mix well.
- Place the garlic toast into individual shallow bowls and divide the clams into each.
- Pour the sauce over the clams and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/2 pound
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 681Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 152mgSodium: 3089mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 64g