Carciofi Marinata ~ This artichoke recipe shows how you don’t need complicated ingredients when preparing artichokes, and often the simpler the dish, the better. I love vegetables of all types, but if I had to choose my favorite, definitely the artichoke would be up there in the top three. Artichokes have an amazing complex flavor, different from any other vegetable. These tender, baby artichokes are great as a vegetable side dish, or on an antipasto platter.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 12 Baby Artichokes
- 3 Tablespoons of Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 2 Garlic Cloves Halved
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon Cut In Half
- Clean the artichokes by removing the tough outer leaves and stem, ensuring a flat bottom to enable them to sit upright in a pot.
- Cut off about 1/3 from the top, and place the cleaned artichoke immediately in a bowl of water with one of the lemon halves, to prevent discoloration.
- Place the wine in a heavy pot, and add the artichokes, garlic and lemon half, and cook over medium heat until they are fork tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain, and place the artichokes in a bowl, then add the olive oil, salt and pepper, and parsley.
- Squeeze the remaining lemon half over the artichokes and toss to mix thoroughly.
- Let cool to room temperature and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 3 artichokes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 368 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 295mg Carbohydrates: 47g Fiber: 21g Sugar: 5g Protein: 11g