Spinach Strawberry Salad
It is strawberry season here in Florida and everywhere you turn you come across lush, ripe Plant City strawberries. I buy them frequently when they re in season as unfortunately the season is quite short, and once the local strawberries are no longer available the only ones you can find are imported from great distances and simply do not have much flavor. When in season, I enjoy my strawberries chopped on yogurt for breakfast, dressed in a little sugar and balsamic vinegar for dessert, or sliced in a salad as shown in this recipe. You can easily turn this salad into a main curse by adding some crisp bacon pieces and slices of grilled chicken, but I like it simply with some crumbled goat cheese on top. I used a raspberry vinegar in my dressing to intensify the berry flavor as well as just a touch of honey for sweetness.
Deborah Mele 2011
Spinach Salad With Strawberries
Strawberries when in season are a great addition to a spinach salad.
- 2 Bags (6 Ounces Each) Baby Spinach
- 1 Pound Fresh Strawberries, Hulled & Sliced
- 4 Green Onions, Diced
- 1 Cup Sliced Cucumbers
- 3 Ounces Goat Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Raspberry Vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Poppy Seeds
- Salt & Pepper
- Place the dressing ingredients in a bowl and stir to mix well.
- Place the spinach, green onions, cucumbers, and strawberries in a large bowl, and toss with just enough dressing to lightly coat the spinach leaves.
- Arrange the salad on individual bowls and crumble some goat cheese on top of each plate.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 122mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 4g
You make this salad delicious and beautiful like an artist. And it’s also healthy. Thanks so much for sharing!
Oh these look like one of those meals I wouldn’t want to stop eating!!!
This strawberry looks so delicious. I will try to make this salad recipe on this weekend. Thanks for sharing