I made the decision when I went through the redesign of my blog that I wouldn’t include any recipes that I did not have up to date photos for. Although I have received a number of requests for some of the recipes presently not on the blog that I am still working through, this recipe for Ricotta Cheese Cookies has been sorely missed by the number of email requests I have received for it the past month. This is an very easy and delicious recipe for drop cookies, and in fact is one of the cookies my family requests each and every year. The cookies are very tender, with just a hint of lemon, and the inclusion of ricotta cheese keeps them nice and moist.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 2 Sticks Of Butter At Room Temperature
- 2 Cups Of Sugar
- 1 (15 oz) Container Of Full Fat Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- Dash Of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Finely Chopped Lemon Zest
- 4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Lemon Juice
- Colored Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all the ingredients together until combined. (The dough will be moist.)
- Drop by a teaspoon onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until firm, turning the tray around halfway. (The cookies will be golden on the bottom, but will remain white on top.)
- Mix in enough lemon juice with the powdered sugar to make a glaze that can be brushed on.
- Lightly coat the tops of each cookie with the glaze and sprinkle with the colored sprinkles.
- Let dry fully before storing.