It has been a long winter, though reasonably mild, so I should not complain, I am really looking forward to spring. Over the holidays I was so busy cooking for family, that I never had the time to stop and take any photos. I made several new appetizers and snacks for my family that received rave reviews, including this flavorful bruschetta. I am a huge fan of bruschetta as it is always an easy, quick to assemble snack or appetizer. If I want to make an ordinary mid-week meal more memorable, I will often add an easy appetizer to the menu. Bruschetta is also an easy treat to offer unexpected guests who stop by for a glass of wine or to serve to a large group at a get-together.
You can top bruschetta with an unlimited number of toppings from a simple drizzle of amazing extra virgin olive oil, to a multi-ingredient topping such as this one. I assembled this appetizer after having some leftover roasted Brussels sprouts from dinner the night before, and some creamy burrata cheese in my refrigerator. Our local grocery store has a large selection of delicious Italian cheese, including a readily available selection of buffalo mozzarella and burrata. Instead of the burrata, if not available in your area, you could use a quality fresh mozzarella or even creamy goat cheese. After topping my toasted bread slices with sliced burrata, then slices of Brussels sprouts, I finished the bruschetta with some chopped hazelnuts, some chopped black peppers and a drizzle of chestnut honey. This is a full-flavored, uniquely flavored bruschetta that everyone enjoys.
- 1 Large Crusty Baguette, Sliced Into 3/4-inch Slices (You'll Need 8 Slices)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Balls Burrata Cheese At Room Temperature
- 3 Cups Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Diced Pancetta, Cooked
- 1/4 Cup Coarsely Chopped Hazelnuts
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Chestnut or Flavored Honey
- Preheat the broiler, and lay the baguette slices flat onto a baking sheet.
- Broil until lightly browned, then turn over and brown the other side.
- Brush the bread slices with olive oil.
- Tear the burrata into pieces, and cover the slices with the burrata.
- Scatter the Brussels sprouts, pancetta, and hazelnuts over the cheese.
- Drizzle the slices with the honey and cracked pepper, then serve & enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 629Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 1000mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 6gSugar: 11gProtein: 18g