My husband has become his Father. My Father-In-Law loved his pasta, and if a day went by without one meal that included pasta, well, something was missing. I remember hosting holidays and prepping for days to create the perfect meal. Afterward, my Father-In-Law would tell me that though the meal was great, it would have been perfect had it included just a little pasta.
My husband and I have now been married for forty-seven years. Although we have always enjoyed pasta frequently, my husband would be thrilled if I prepared some type of pasta dish every day. Though I love pasta, I do like a break and prefer to mix things up a bit. When I am not in the mood for spending a lot of time in the kitchen or pressed for time though, my go-to meal is often pasta.
This dish has become a recent favorite as it is so easy to prepare, takes less than half an hour, and tastes fantastic. Try to choose ripe cherry tomatoes, either red or multi-colored ones. For best results, choose an imported Greek feta cheese that will become creamy when baked.
The only trick to this dish is to bake the cheese until it is warmed through and begins to melt. If you bake it too long, it begins to dry out and crumble. Though delicious either way, I love stirring the melting feta into my pasta when it is still creamy.
- 2 Pints Ripe Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- Grated Zest & Juice Of 1 Lemon
- 4 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Basil
- 8 Ounces, or 225 Grams Imported Greek Feta Cheese, Cut Into Four
- 1 Pound Dried Pasta Of Choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the tomatoes, garlic, chili flakes, olive oil, oregano, lemon juice and zest, and basil in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Place the tomato mixture in an oven-proof casserole dish and place the feta on top, pushing the cheese into the tomatoes.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then spoon some of the tomato juice over the feta.
- Bake another 8 to 10 minutes or until the feta begins to brown and melt into the tomatoes.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, cook the pasta in a large pot of lightly salted water until it is "al dente".
- Drain the pasta and return to the pot.
- Spoon some of the tomatoes and their juices into the pasta pot and toss to mix.
- Serve the pasta in individual bowls, topped with more of the tomatoes and a piece of the Feta cheese.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 601Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 526mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 16g