Strawberry Hazelnut Quick Bread
We love all berries, but I’d have to say that both strawberries and raspberries are my favorites. Just recently, I realized that strawberries would soon be out of season and I therefore felt I needed to buy them every time I visited the local grocery store or market. I really prefer very ripe, locally grown strawberries, and once they are out of season I usually avoid the ones imported in from some far away place as they never have that really fresh, vibrant strawberry flavor. One day last week I saw that I had some strawberries in my refrigerator that I needed to use up immediately, so I sliced them up and used them in this easy quick bread. Loaves like this one are the kind of things I like to bake as they can be thrown together quickly and work just as well for breakfast as they do throughout the day.
Deborah Mele Revised 2021
Strawberry Hazelnut Loaf
An easy quick bread using fresh strawberries that can be enjoyed any time of the day.
- 1/2 Cup Softened Butter (Or Equal Coconut Oil)
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Oat Flour (Or Whole Wheat Pastry Flour)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- Dash of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 2 Cups Strawberries, Trimmed & Sliced
- 1 Cup Chopped Toasted Hazelnuts, Plus 3 Tablespoons Chopped For Topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly grease and flour a 9X5 inch loaf pan.
- In one bowl beat together the butter and sugar with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each.
- Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together the two flours, baking powder and soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add half the flour mixture to the butter mixture along with half the yogurt and beat on low just until combined.
- Add the remaining flour and yogurt and mix again.
- Stir in the strawberries and hazelnuts.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining chopped hazelnuts, then bake for around an hour or until lightly browned.
- A cake tester should come out clean when inserted into the center.
- Let cool 15 minutes then turn out of pan and cool on a wire rack until room temperature before slicing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 352Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 228mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 3gSugar: 19gProtein: 8g